Since its formation in 1985 CRHA has completed 50 developments in village locations ranging in size from 1 home up to 25 and currently has 346 homes in management, 330 for rent and 16 for shared ownership.
Committed to Quality
CRHA is committed to providing good quality housing which complements the areas in which it works. Its success in meeting this commitment is reflected in the various awards that have been received for the following developments:
- Launceston Civic Society Architectural & Conservation Award 2006 for Hendra Garth, Tresmeer
- Country Land & Business Association Award (2002) and Cornish Buildings Group Award (2000) for Lizard village
- Caradon Design Award (1999) and Cornish Buildings Group Award (1999) for Pelynt
- Cornish Buildings Group Award (1993) for St Mawes “…for the unpretentious and imaginative design of the Porth View rural housing scheme”
- Caradon Design Award (1993) for Harrowbarrow
- Council for the Protection of Rural England (CPRE) Architectural Award (1993) for Harrowbarrow “…for a contribution to the quality of buildings in a rural landscape”.
We are also committed to providing homes with low running costs for residents and our developments at Blisland, Morwenstow, Goonhavern, Kilkhampton, Tresmeer, Delabole, St Teath and on the Isles of Scilly were fitted with ground source heat pumps, with some properties also having rainwater harvesting and solar thermal systems installed.
Our developments of 21 homes at Delabole (completed December 2010), 25 homes at The Lizard (completed March 2016) and 8 homes at Poundstock (completed December 2017), feature properties with high levels of insulation and photovoltaic panels. Our 6 homes in Grampound have also been fitted with photovoltaic panels.
We were pleased to see our efforts on St Mary’s recognised in the Draft Sustainable Energy Strategy for the Isles of Scilly, which contained a detailed reference to our new development and stated that: “These buildings are setting the benchmark for future development on the Islands”.
09 August 2018
Cornwall Council - Local Tenancy Strategy
04 May 2018
Join our team as a Clerical Officer - closing date 29th May 2018
03 May 2018
Official opening - Buttercup Field, Poundstock