In supporting our community through the COVID-19 crisis, Cornwall Council is working with Cornish fuel poverty charity Community Energy Plus and we are now able to provide practical help to support vulnerable clients to stay warm this winter, including help with energy costs and essential heating repairs and upgrades. This support is funded through the Department of Work and Pensions.
Community Energy Plus are delivering the energy element of the scheme, targeting help to householders living in any property tenure on low incomes (less than £30k after housing and energy costs) who are in financial hardship and living in cold homes.
Applicants will also benefit from advice to help reduce their energy bills, including tariff advice, accessing the £140 discount from their energy supplier, access to grants for heating and insulation upgrades and referral/signposting to other partners for wider assistance and advice. Applicants may be able to access additional support through Inclusion Cornwall and Cornwall Council for other help.
Assistance will be allocated on a first come first served basis to eligible householders by 31st March 2022.
How to apply
1. Save the attached form to a computer/tablet/phone.
2. Open and complete by clicking into each box, making sure you fill-in all sections and explain what help is needed and why. Use the typing function for all sections except the signature (see below). If the pen icon is selected but not needed, click it again to revert to typing
3. Tick declarations on page 9 & 10.
4. Applicant must sign their name on page 10 (select the pen icon to do this and click the pen again to return to the typing function).
5. Save and return the application to us by emailing HSG@cep.org.uk
Important - Please supply a form of identity to accompany an application. This can be a driving licence, passport, Council Tax, utility bill or DWP letter. If applying for a payment to an energy supplier(s), please supply a copy of an energy bill(s), or photo/screenshot clearly showing name, address and customer account number(s).