Applying for housing

The first thing anyone in need of housing should do is to register with the local authority where housing is required.

Most of our properties are subject to nomination agreements with the relevant local authority.

This means that a percentage of our lettings will be made to people nominated to us from the local council housing waiting list.

We therefore advise everyone to ensure that they register their requirement for housing with the local council where they need to be rehoused.

Applying for housing in Cornwall

CRHA is participating in the Cornwall Homechoice scheme operated by Cornwall Council.

The majority of our vacancies in Cornwall will be allocated via Cornwall Homechoice.

Contact Cornwall Homechoice or Cornwall Council for further information.

Cornwall Council can be contacted:

at your local one stop shop,

by telephoning 0300 1234 161

or the main switchboard on 0300 1234 100,

by emailing

or by writing to Cornwall Housing Ltd at:

Chy Trevail, Beacon Technology Park, Bodmin, PL31 2FR

Applying for housing on the Isles of Scilly

The Council of the Isles of Scilly can be contacted at:

The Town Hall, St Mary’s, Isles of Scilly, TR21 0LW

Tel: 01720 424001



Cornwall Rural Housing Association currently owns homes in village locations throughout Cornwall and on the Isles of Scilly.

Most of the properties we own have been built subject to planning or other restrictions as to who can occupy them.

This means that we can only re-house anyone who can demonstrate a local connection with a village or a parish where we have properties.

The precise definition of a “local connection” varies according to where the properties are located. However, it will generally mean that you must currently either live or work in the parish, or have lived there recently and had to move away to find housing or work, or have close family in the parish who either need your support or can provide you with support.

We will not be able to assist you with housing if you cannot demonstrate a connection with a village or parish where one of our developments is located.

Please contact us if you require further information about our homes or if you require an application form to be registered on our interested parties list.