Voluntary Board Member Recruitment Closing date 31st January 2019January 9, 2019 2:47 pm
Cornwall Rural Housing Association is a charitable housing association which builds and manages affordable housing in rural locations throughout Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The Association is run by a voluntary Board of Management which meets approximately every two months on a weekday morning to decide on policy and monitor progress.
We are seeking to recruit additional members to ensure that the Board continues to have a membership with a broad range of senior management skills and experience.
Members of the Board of Management are expected to have:
- A commitment to CRHA’s objectives, values and ethos
- A sound understanding of the main strategic role of board members and of good governance practice
- Skills and experience in contributing positive scrutiny, customer perspective and collaborative working
- A commitment to attending board meetings, participating in training and development activities and engaging with board processes
We are particularly interested in recruiting individuals with skills and experience in the fields of
- Financial management
- Building, surveying, procurement
- Commercial experience, particularly in the housing development sector
- Social housing
We would also welcome applications from CRHA tenants and anyone with relevant general experience.
If you feel that you possess relevant skills, knowledge or experience to help us in our work, please submit a letter and/or CV to Cornwall Rural Housing Association Ltd, 19 Callywith Gate, Launceston Road, Bodmin PL31 2RQ or by email to email@example.com by 31st January 2019.
The Association is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Applications are particularly welcome from women and members of ethnic minority groups as they are currently under represented on our Board.
Further information about CRHA is available either on our website at www.crha.org.uk or on request from the above address. For an informal discussion, please contact Peter Moore, our Chief Executive, on 01208 892000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.